All applications are online through the Department for Education's Apply for Teacher Training service which can be accessed via this link https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-teacher-training
Applicants are invited to an interview if their application is successful. Interviews take place at the Omega Teaching Centre, in Warrington (currently conducted remotely).
The process may involve the following activities:
- Informal discussion with the Director of School Improvement
- Teaching activity with a group of learners
- Opportunity to meet and speak with a group of pupils who will ask some questions
- Written task
- Short presentation to interview panel
- Formal interview with school leaders who are able to assess your suitability for becoming an Associate Teacher.
Following the interview the decision makers will either offer an unconditional offer, a conditional offer or a rejection which will be processed through UCAS.